Wednesday, February 13, 2013

First Valentine

As Luna hides her ghostly face behind the
Horizon, Sol stretches high and wide. When
I part my window-panes, light dances 'cross
Your side. Emerging from the darkness, your
Hazel eyes meet mine. Thunder from my heels
Shook you from your slumber. (Although I s'pose
This beats the sawing of that lumber.) As you
Reach out, grasping at the sky, you take my heart
In hand, and plant one where it shines. Stolen
Daily, eight hours at a time. I
Keep my faith, knowing you're all mine.
My one, my only, my first Valentine.

The years have come, the years have gone. 
I've nothing left to hide. I love you truly, madly, deeply
No cares for prose nor rhyme. I never dreamt
A lovely lady (like yourself) would want
Someone like me. My life- blessed, my love- 
Pure. My blood pumps at your sight.
And with you as a mother, our kids will be
All...cute


I love you, Lauren.

No comments:

Post a Comment